One-on-One Orton-Gillingham Language Arts/Reading Instruction
One program, two instructional options
Once again, DVFriends will offer our multisensory reading instruction this summer for rising 2nd - 10th grade students. This program pairs each student with one of our tutors for a truly individualized experience. This year, especially, with periods of remote learning and limited face-to-face direct instruction, it's more important than ever to close the gaps and continue remediating students' challenges with reading and writing skills.
Our expert teachers, trained through our IMSLEC accredited teacher training program, will schedule one-hour sessions bringing high-quality, live, direct instruction to each student. Whether the goal is making progress in decoding or polishing writing skills, DV Summer instructors are available to help.
There are two instructional options available: in-person on DVFriends' Paoli campus or online via Zoom. See the details for each below.
- 20 weekday sessions at DVFriends from July 1 - 29 (no sessions on 7/5)
- 1-hour sessions scheduled daily, Monday - Friday, from 8 am - noon
- 20 live online sessions via Zoom from July 1 - 31
- 1-hour sessions, flexible scheduling
Limited capacity for both options. Please indicate your preference for in-person or online instruction when registering.
COST for either option
This program serves rising 2nd- 10th grade students.
- Lessons will be customized for each student based on their learning needs, skills, and goals.
- Lessons will include decoding, phonemic awareness, spelling, vocabulary, morphology, writing, grammar, reading, fluency, and reading comprehension skills as appropriate for each student.
- Students coming from outside of the current DV community do not have to have a diagnosed learning difference to participate.
Questions? Please contact Kavitha Patel in the admissions office at email@example.com or 610-640-4150 x 2120.
Click below to download the
One-on-One Orton-Gillingham Language Arts/Reading summer program flyer.