One-on-One Orton-Gillingham Language Arts/Reading Instruction
DVFriends will offer our multisensory reading instruction this summer for rising 1st - 12th grade students. This program pairs each student with one of our O-G trained instructors for a truly individualized experience.
Students will receive a one-hour lesson scheduled each weekday at their convenience between 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (the last session begins at 11:00 am) from July 1 -- August 2 (no instruction on July 4). Lessons will be customized for each student based on their learning needs, skills, and goals and include decoding, spelling, vocabulary, morphology, writing, reading, fluency, and reading comprehension skills as appropriate for each student.
Summer program instructors include DVFriends teachers as well as teachers from outside DV who have been trained through our IMSLEC-accredited literacy training program. Whether the goal is making progress in decoding or polishing writing skills, DV Summer instructors are trained to help.
The instructional sessions will take place in person at DVFriends' Paoli campus.
- One-on-one customized sessions with a trained Orton-Gillingham instructor
- 23 weekday sessions at DVFriends from July 1 - August 2 (no instruction on July 4)
- 1-hour sessions scheduled daily, Monday - Friday, at 8, 9, 10, or 11 am. All daily sessions must be completed by 12:00 noon.
Sessions will be conducted in person at DVFriends in Paoli.
COST for O-G Reading/Literacy Instruction
Information coming soon
This program serves rising 1st - 12th-grade students.
Registration will open soon. Any questions please contact Kavitha Patel in the Admissions Office.
OPTIONAL ADD-ON PROGRAM: Summer Math Workshop
Add a small group math workshop to your Orton-Gillingham Language Arts instruction.
Rising 1st - 12th grade students who are enrolled in the O-G Language Arts program can add a 1-hour small group math workshop with experienced DVFriends math teachers either before or after. Students who participate in both will be enrolled in a 2-hour block from 8-10 am, 9-11 am, 10 am- 12 pm All instruction must be completed by 12:00 noon.
All math classes are on-campus. You must be enrolled in the Orton-Gillingham 1-on-1 Language Arts program in order to participate in the math workshops.
- Project-based curriculum teaching foundational concepts
- Skills taught include fraction sense, understanding decimals and percents, operations with rational numbers, statistics, interpreting charts and graphs, geometry and measurement, using formulas (pre-algebra), and more
- Key strategies and resources to support working memory and executive function modeled and practiced throughout the course to promote independent problem-solving
- Classes taught by experienced DVFriends math teachers
IT WILL NOT PREVIEW CONTENT FOR THE UPCOMING SCHOOL YEAR.
ADDITIONAL COST for math workshop
Information coming soon
This program serves rising 1st through 12th grade students enrolled in O-G Language Arts program.
Registration information coming soon.
Questions? Please contact Kavitha Patel in the admissions office at [email protected] or 610-640-4150 x 2120.
COMING SOON: Information sheet on 2024 Summer Orton-Gillingham Language Arts/Reading Program and Optional Math Workshop