Every school year, a number of bright students transfer to DVFriends from public, independent, other LD, and charter schools, as well as home-schooling. Many of them arrive well after the usual start of the school year.
Entering a new school anytime can be daunting. Making the change mid-year can seem even more so to a child. What will it be like? Will I make friends? Will I like it? Will I know anyone? Will the teachers understand what I need? Each is an important question.
At DVFriends, we understand these questions — and we address them. We built an individualized program to support students and their families who choose to join us after the school year has begun. Our faculty, staff and student body are fully behind this mid-year transfer program. They not only support new students when they enroll but embrace them into the community. We believe that helping students and their families to thrive at DVFriends begins long before a student arrives for classes.
Hear from some of our students who have made the switch to DVFriends.
For information on transferring to DVFriends, contact Jim Miller or Kavitha
Patel in the Admissions Office at [email protected].
Start a conversation with Admissions by reaching out to:
DVFriends serves students who live with one or more of the following:
- Specific Learning Disability
- Reading Disorder/Dyslexia
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Executive Functioning Disorder
- Disorder of Written Expression/Dysgraphia
- Mathematics Disorder/Dyscalculia
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Expressive/Receptive Language Disorder
- Memory or Processing Speed Challenges
- Non-Verbal Learning Disability