DVFriends Speaker Series | Winter/Spring 2023
Join us for these two expert presentations this winter/spring:
January 19, 2023
7:00- 8:30 pm
Virtual Only, via Zoom
Dr. Ned Hallowell, board-certified child and adult psychiatrist and world authority on ADHD presents to parents and educators.
COMING THIS SPRING
Panel Discussion: Demystifying Psych-Ed Testing
Stay tuned for the date, time, and more information.
DVFriends is committed to providing high-quality professional development programs for its internal faculty and staff as well as to education professionals in our region and nationally.
DVFriends Accredited Orton-Gillingham Summer Teacher Literacy Training 2022
8-days, June 22 - July 1, 8:30 am - 3:00/4:00 pm IN-PERSON!**
- Each session will consist of a daily quiz, lecture, demonstration lessons, and idea-sharing with an hour set aside for lunch
- Trainees can expect nightly homework assignments that consist of a reading from Multisensory Teaching of Basic Language Skills and creating a lesson plan based on material covered during that day's lecture.
**If you are interested in attending but cannot be on campus, we would be happy to have you join us via Zoom!
DVFriends Paid Summer Teaching Internship
Instructors must have completed the DVFriends Orton-Gillingham Summer Teacher Literacy Training Program.
- Monday through Friday, July 5 - August 5, 2022
- 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (you can arrive and depart based on your caseload of students; students will be scheduled in 60-minute timeslots)
- Location: on-site at DVFriends (you will be assigned a classroom on the first floor to use)
The combined experience of summer internship and the training completes the first half of the criteria for certification as a Certified Academic Language Practitioner which is the certification held by the DVFriends Language Arts faculty. Teachers trained in our program in previous years can earn additional hours toward their certification requirements by returning to teach again in the DVFriends summer program.
For details and more information, contact Megan Fairchild
, Director of Teacher Training.